new forum layout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the white skin. It's making my eyes water already and I'm sure a headache will follow if I stay online to long.

The look is just temporary guys. We'll have custom skins once we get settled in. It's only the first day of a better TF.

I kinda like the fresh new look to it. Everything seems more open and optional.

It's nice, everything's that little bit easier to read (presumably because 'white bg+black text' contrast better than 'white text+navy bg').

The VERY annoying thing I noticed straight away is that every post now takes up about twice as much screen real estate, since the signatures don't begin until the Join Date/Location/Posts/etc. info in the sidebar ends. On my gramp's 1280x1024 a two-line post takes up about 70-80% of the screen (dependent on sig size, amount of info on the left, etc.). I think it will look much better once I get home and back to 1080p ^_^
That's my only big complaint, all the rest is small stuff to easily adjust to, like the rep button being much smaller and out of the way, also half the signatures look a bit odd since they were designed for a dark background but that's easy enough to change :p
Edit: When tagging posts it says we can give it 5 tags, but when I put 5 tags it complains that's three too many.
Edit2: There's a random post in the What's New page (New Posts with a different name), which it says I don't have access to. http://www.techist.com/forums/f123/article-first-build-help-234736/#post1832132

But enough negativity, thanks to all you admins and mods and cetera for all your hard work ;)

The simple fact is, the content should be the focus. Not the signatures. So that is exactly why the post takes up more room. As that is the reason people are here right? To get help and to post up questions and answers. Not to have a signature for everyone to see. ;)

Calm everyone, many changes are coming. I am starting the next set of them. Be prepared.

I agree. But **** it surprised the eyes a little bit to wake up and while still trying to come out of my coma-like state to hit refresh on TF that I left open from the night before. BLAM - white out. ahhhh!

lol, I know what you mean. I've opened my laptop before in the weee hours of the night only to experience a white browser with a timeout issue.
It's like wearin' night vision goggles and gettin' hit with a flash bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom