Need help making a gaming server

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you ever wanted to make one for CSS its free and possible to run it and play on it at the same time. its also free for alot of games i dont know aobut making money though. you can get didicated server(i think thats what its called) for free off steam.

A gaming server needs primarily processing power, ram, and a GOOD upload connection(download is assumed).

If you have 802.11g and you place the computer right next your access point you should have an trouble with the wireless because you internet connection will be far slower than your wireless anyway.

The key though is your upload speed, most people on cable and DSL have really bad upload speeds because home user don't often need to upload larges quantites of data.

undedicated server

hi i am trying to find out how i make an undedicated server. is there anyone here that can help me? i have a amd 3800+ cpu 250gb 7200rpm hard drive, 1024 mb ram. cache i do not know. 512mb nividia graphics card wonderful internet. dont know the up speed. im just trying to make a undedicated server for me and mayb 5 other people can someone help me?

Thane of Cawdor said:
My friend has made 3 servers for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and has already made $60. Because there are limited jobs in my area I think that this may be the best way to make some cash.

Would it be legal to charge people to play on your hosted server?? You could get in big trouble if its not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom