My sprint phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
I got a contract with them back in February, only to find that I dont have service where I use the phone the most. So I canceled the same day it was activated. (got everything through the mail)
I've been lost in a sea of paperwork because I've been searching for a new job since then, and I just happened to stumble upon the phone under some stacks last night.
Well ****, they haven't called back for 3 and a half months, Im throwing this thing on ebay.
My only concern is when the next guy activates it. I called sprint today to see if the esn/meid was clear. They said the account was deactivated. Should I be concerned?
TIA -Joe

you paid for the phone, its yours. Unless they have some sort of CRAZY contract where you have to give the phone back after you bought it, then you shouldn't, but otherwise... go ahead. IMO

I didn't pay for it, I think they were gonna put it on the first bill or something. The whole thing is, they also sent me a return envelope, but i haven't gotten any calls in a really long time.

lol they sent you a return envelope? they definitely expected it back then.... they'll likely just turn the monetary amount over to a collection agency and bill you over and over. when this will happen is hard to say, but it will happen.

that ESN is on their reactivation blacklist......

When you cancel service, you also canceled a legally binding agreement which you got a phone at a reduced price for getting a contract. Since they have a 30 day no strings attached "cancel the agreement" policy....

After the 30 days, you would have to pay an early cancellation penalty of $200. But the phone would be yours after the payment of the penalty.

You still have the phone that you got for free only because you agreed to the 2 year contract which you canceled. I'm not sure how you canceled the contract without relinquishing the phone first, but I can pretty much guarantee that the ESN has some sort of black eye and probably your credit report. ( <- im not sure if sprint can blackball your credit if you fail to pay, fail to surrender unpaid phones etc etc.)

Thanks guys, Suppose its not worth it then. Didn't consider the credit report uzi, Mines not great as it is (school and car loans) Thanks for your help guys.
-Joe

I would just send the phone back, because you cant really sell it and you cannot do anything with it as it is. So just clear Sprint out of your life for good.

I made the mistake of doing a 2 year agreement with them as it is... And I have to roam to get service at my house only 2 miles away from where I bought the phone.... So pretty much their service sucks....

Ok...so I guess I'll add Sprint to my no-calls list. So is there anyone on your great company list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom