My Clicking Game: This Problem and Others to Come

Looks like it's hiding / showing (and styling) each span with CSS/JS. All the HTML spans are generated at once, and then styled after the fact.

Edit: looks like that's just for the center %. Not sure why they're doing it like that actually...seems odd.

Last edited:
Okay, decided that a regular bar would fit my needs better than a circle, now, I can do this easily enough (the design is almost finished), but I have one thing that I would like to do that I don't know how. I want the user to be able to hover over the progress bar and have a little popup come up (not an alert) that tells them their xp needed, total xp, etc.

So, the way i've created my bar is with a div inside a div. The first div is the background, and all it is is a clear box with a border, and the second div on the inside starts with a width of 0% and gains width as progress continues. I have it set up right now so that the user gains 1 xp when the tree is clicked (this will be increased later). It takes ten xp to get to level two. The function that updates the progress bar with an animation runs every 1/4 of a second (250 ms). My problem is that when you click the tree really fast, the inside div runs out of its enclosing div, causing something like this:
Capture.PNG

How can I solve this problem?

P.S.: Is there a way that I can send you my files for this (like an email), so that I can avoid posting this on here or jsfiddle and you can understand my problem better? Thanks as always.

Okay, i will do that this afternoon when i get home from school.

I would like to add a user login system so that i can store user progress on the server. How can I go about doing this, with PHP? If so, i've tried to install that before to no avail.

Thanks as always.

Okay, i will do that this afternoon when i get home from school.

I would like to add a user login system so that i can store user progress on the server. How can I go about doing this, with PHP? If so, i've tried to install that before to no avail.

Thanks as always.

You'll need a database backend to store the data in. In that DB you'll need to create table(s) to store said user data.

Either WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) or IIS. WAMP is a full installable package, IIS has a config wizard that will download/install the features for you as well. Mostly depends on which language you want to code in (PHP, .NET, etc.).

I'm going to try WAMP. So, I can have a database directly on my host site? How do I know if my host site supports wamp?

I'm going to try WAMP. So, I can have a database directly on my host site? How do I know if my host site supports wamp?

What's your host site? WAMP would be if you're hosting the site on a computer that you own, i.e. your own server.

If you're wanting to host this on an externally-hosted site, then you'll need to find out what they're running (IIS vs PHP), and if you can setup a DB on their servers.

Setting up on your own desktop is where you'd install WAMP or IIS + a database.

And if you want to access it outside of your LAN, you'd need to forward the appropriate port(s).

Back
Top Bottom