My Clicking Game: This Problem and Others to Come

How can I make a onmouseover dropdown like the fancy ones everyone has on their homepages :D? Can i just use css to do this, no javascript?

How can I make a onmouseover dropdown like the fancy ones everyone has on their homepages :D? Can i just use css to do this, no javascript?

What do you mean "a fancy dropdown" ?

You can probably do it in pure CSS, just slightly more difficult (would have to be CSS3 as well, most likely).

What do you mean "a fancy dropdown" ?

You can probably do it in pure CSS, just slightly more difficult (would have to be CSS3 as well, most likely).

Haha, thought I could have explained it better xD.

So almost every website has that nav bar at the top of their homepage, right? Now, if you have a really simple website, the words on the nav bar are just going to be links, but if you have a word that is a catagory, for example, "Help and Support", you're gonna want multiple options for that, so for example, FAQ and Contact underneath the Main topic "Help and Support", so when the user would scroll over "Help and Support", there would be a little dropdown that would pop up listing FAQ and Contact underneath the words "Help and Support".

Don't think I needed to explain it THAT much but now I'm sure you get the idea xD

I looked at the second link there, and looked over it after I read some more on css at w3. Is the general idea just that there's a sublist, and the css tells that when the title of that sublist is hovered over, it changes the display from "none" to "block"?

EDIT: Like, how much of that css there is JUST styling, not function? It makes the css look so confusing and long when there's all that styling in there that's not really nessessary; i could do that by myself later.

Well technically it's all styling..just styling in a way to be functional.

You can parse out the "styling" from the "functional styling" by just reading what the CSS is doing. The things like color/font size/etc. is all just styling. Stuff that interacts with the hover and such looked like they were more functional styling.

Well technically it's all styling..just styling in a way to be functional.

You can parse out the "styling" from the "functional styling" by just reading what the CSS is doing. The things like color/font size/etc. is all just styling. Stuff that interacts with the hover and such looked like they were more functional styling.

So I took some time to go through it and I pretty much understand everything except for two things:
1:First off, you can have a list INSIDE of a list??? *Mindblown*. Does having a list inside of a list make the dropdown piece? And then it's activated by the hover css function?

2: Secondly, what is the whole css section at the bottom that is commented "Style Menu for Larger Screens" and then the code starts off with @media?? Very confused by this whole portion of code.

Back
Top Bottom