mountain Bikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a good day (without the wind opposing me and stuff) I can reach about 60 on flat road fairly easily (I mean not hard, but it does require effort)

the only thing I don't like about my bike is that the tyres don't last as long as a mountain bike. I used to go through about 1-3 sets of tyres per year on my old bike, but now it's more like 2-6

also, it's a lot easier to get punctures, with no tread to kind of separate the tube from the ground; though I found this really strong plastic liner to put on the inside of the tyres, and now punctures are rare.

on my 21 speed i can peddal till the bike doesn't get any faster.

The peddals go around but you don't pick up speed is where i got to.
Don't know how fast i was going though.

My bike is just over a year old cause last year 4-5 days before school started i got hit by a truck biking to my friends house. Anyway the guy who hit me bought me a new bike and i almost had to go to the hospital cause my knee looked like it had a baseball on the side of it.

Why am I not suprised at the high quality of Shumways bike and why is it exactly what I would imagine. On my Bike I have hit around 30 mph downhill on dirt. Guys in the tour will go around 60 mph on the downhill. Now that would scare the crap out of me on thoes little tires.

I cant go very fast on a bicycle because i get scared but on a motorcycle i can haul ***. I havent even topped out my KDX220 yet and ive gone about 75mph. Its soooo hard not too speed... ;)

My dad races street bikes though. He has a custom titanium Voodoo bicycle similar to this one.
rada_r3_c2.gif

Thats an amazing bike, i would have to ask him his top speed because i dont know but i know its very fast.

I have an old GT Aggressor....from back in, eh, I think the late 90's, possibly 1999, when GT actually made awesome mountain bikes. Alluminum frame, excellent front fork, weinman rims, mid-grade shimano hardware all around. several upgrades: bar-ends, better crank, new pedals with straps, new lightweight bottle cage, semi-slick tire in front.

that thing is sweet. too bad i haven't ridden it in a year or so...

Norcent said:

same here, im the highest gear my feet will kinda just slip off.

id say i've hit about 40-45mph on a good hill.

theres a hill here thats about a, well i suck with angles but it's **** steep, and you can hit around 60 on a good enough bike just coasting.

In my present condition, I can hit around 250 mph in 7 seconds on my mountain bike. Really! That's starting about 5000 feet in the air and riding out the cargo door of an airplane. :p

Going down steep grades on asphault roads and with my mudder-type tires, I can only get around 40 mph on my mountain bike. The tires keep the speed down due to the friction. (That was with my Dad clocking me from behind with his car.) I've hit 65+ on my touring bike, but that's been awhile and I'm too chicken to do that anymore! I've sold my touring bike and now just do trail riding with my mountain bike, where I'm perfectly content to keep my speeds below 20 mph.

Dave :D

Norcent said:

that was the same with my old bike, which is what prompted me to get my road bike. it has higher gear ratios, and has less friction (especially between the moving parts, like between the tyres and the frame)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom