Member Ranks

Spicy

In Runtime
So I've not been on this forum for long but I have noticed that different people have different ranks/titles based on post count. Some have custom ranks/titles.
Would anybody be able to give me a list of the post count ranks as I am quite inquisitive .

Thanks,
Spicy

Virgin Techie - 0 posts
Newb Techie - 1 post
Junior Techie - 40 posts
True Techie - 100 posts
Monster Techie - 250 posts
Master Techie - 500
Wizard Techie - 1000
Lord Techie - 2000
Techie beyond Description - 10000

These may change a little with the merger but that's the basics. Members gain the ability to have a custom usertitle at 250+ posts as well.

Custom should be 2001... just saying.

I find that to be some what of an elitist comment. You have over 8000 posts and it seems to me that you want others to have to post a **** load of times to get a simple perk. That's not right.

Perks and promotions are a reward system to encourage members to post. But if you make the required amount of posts to get them too far off, then they get discouraged. Posts come farther apart or they have no value. If you set the amount of posts required to a level where they can be reached reasonably, then they post and ease up to the goal amount.

Perks and promotions like a larger PM amount or a custom title, and sig upgrades, to name a few, are important to the life of a forum. If set up so the members can get these rewards, and not have to post their life away, then the rewards are shared equally across the membership. Not just an elitist few.

I find that to be some what of an elitist comment. You have over 8000 posts and it seems to me that you want others to have to post a **** load of times to get a simple perk. That's not right.

Perks and promotions are a reward system to encourage members to post. But if you make the required amount of posts to get them too far off, then they get discouraged. Posts come farther apart or they have no value. If you set the amount of posts required to a level where they can be reached reasonably, then they post and ease up to the goal amount.

Perks and promotions like a larger PM amount or a custom title, and sig upgrades, to name a few, are important to the life of a forum. If set up so the members can get these rewards, and not have to post their life away, then the rewards are shared equally across the membership. Not just an elitist few.
I don't really know who cares about any of that honestly. I go to a forum for reasons other than sigs and custom titles. Besides if you post a lot the post count goes up really quickly and 2000 is a breeze to get to.

It's a pretty unfair system anyway. Logically, any British members should automatically be more highly regarded than Americans, regardless of post count.

WE ARE YOUR FATHERS!

Back
Top Bottom