Max Gb ?

newjacksm

In Runtime
hey well I read some where that there XP can only hold up to 137 GB. I want to get a 200 GB hard drive but not if HOME XP can only recongnize 137 GB.. so my question is that true? and whats a good 200 GB hard drive? I was thinking Maxtor / Western Digital / Seagate. I also want to get another 120 gb or 80 gb hard drive

E

entity512

Maxtor/Western digital - Also make sure its 7200RPm and has a 8MB buffer. I setup a system with no 8mb buffer but a 2mb and its damn slow loading up.

newjacksm

In Runtime
camers said:
Maxtor/Western digital - Also make sure its 7200RPm and has a 8MB buffer. I setup a system with no 8mb buffer but a 2mb and its damn slow loading up.
Im getting a 200GB 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER Seagate and a 80GB 7200RPM 8MB BUFFER SEAGATE

:) 1 Hard drive is going to be for gaming and the other is going to be recording music profesionally.. Im probably going to use the 80GB one... if i runout of space ill just buy another hd

E

entity512

Cool cool, seagate seems cool Only experience ive had is one in an xbox. :D

gibant1

In Runtime
Get two 160Gb Hd's and Raid them, Twice the speed and about the same price. Ibm 7k250's are Very Good

gibant1

In Runtime
Correct, but raid card are under £20. And with the price of the Ibm's at the moment, you could probable but 2 of those and a raid card for the same money as the 200 + 80 gig drives. :p