Malwarebytes doesn't delete bad files?

darsunt

In Runtime
I recently installed Malwarebytes. I checked some of the malware files listed after a scan, and clicked the remove button. Later, after reboot, the bad files were still in the computer.
I repeated this procedure in safe mode, and got the same results.
What do you guys think of this?

Never encountered that. As long as I check the box in front of everything and tell it to delete them it always has. You may have a rootkit which MBAM won't get, but MalwareBytes has a rootkit cleaner (which you can find on MajorGeeks).

I had tried the same. It not even deleted all the bad and good files, but infected some files that I hadn't thought of.

Last edited:
Some spyware programs don't pick up much. You can try this program here very efficient at its job. Here ill leave you a link you can go check it out.

SmartPCFixer

Last edited by a moderator:
Some spyware programs don't pick up much. You can try this program here very efficient at its job. Here ill leave you a link you can go check it out.

SmartPCFixer

Sorry, but MBAW is about the best out there.

For a really stubborn infection I will use Rkill, MBAW, MBAW Root kit app, and Combofix, all ran in safe mode with any AV disabled or uninstalled, and I would run the entire sweep twice to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom