Macro Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
you get what you pay for, though. you'd love the 105 with the D90. check out the other sigma macros. look into the tamron 90mm macro also.... that's a GREAT macro lens and I would use it over the 105 any day

do your research: All Tests / Reviews

dscf2382eg1.jpg

....flies doing their thing.

Those are dynamite shots.

I don't own a macro lens, I'm not too into macro myself, i dont' really think i'm ready yet. But my girlfriend shoots macro and she loves her lens even though it's broken. I bought her an old 55mm AF Micro-Nikkor for $125. Later, the AF mechanism busted and you really have to man-handle it to rack it in and out now because it gets jammed half way through the zoom cam. She shoots awesome pictures with it though and loves it. It's SUPER sharp, easily one of the sharpest lenses i've used on my cameras. The only other lenses that come close are the exotics and Nikon's other macros.

Macro lenses as a whole are generally pretty sharp, I have never really seen a company screw up a a macro lens before, they're all generally VERY well built and SUPER sharp.

The closest i've seen to a bad macro lens is the Sigma 105 that Molsen's using and my girlfriends 55mm. The dual-AF mode clutch on the Sigma doesn't make sense to me, but that doesn't make it a bad lens. as we can see, it delivers beautiful results, its just that the handling could be a little better. The AF 55mm has always been klunky, it was klunky in the 80's, and the manual focus ring is WAY too small. But when you pay $125 for it, there's not much you can complain about.

^^^^ I don't even use the AF motor with that 105 lens. manual focus is the only way to keep it from eternally hunting in low to medium light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom