Locating Desktop Folder

Songbird

Baseband Member
OS of my laptop was recently reinstalled. Desktop files were saved and restored. Yet the Desktop folder (or its path) is not showing when I want to save an image file in Desktop. However the folder does show (with all the restored files) at 'USER' when I click the 'start' button. Can the Desktop folder be moved from USER to desktop via right click > properties > location method? If so, may I please get some detailed guidelines as to what I need to do after clicking on 'location' ? Or kindly suggest any other method that might be easier.
Thanks.

Yes, the Desktop can be moved to sit in a different location / drive.

Are you saying that the Desktop folder is already moved, but you want to move it back under C:\Users\<username> ?

No, at present the Desktop folder is under User. I would like to move it in the desktop area like it was before.

Eh? Move your Desktop folder to the Desktop folder? Not quite understanding what you mean...

The default directory is C:\Users\<username>\Desktop

Sorry, I've not been able to express myself too well :) I try to explain with a screenshot. What I mean is, if I want to save an image in the desktop area of my laptop, I click 'open' and I get the window attached. But I cannot get the path for desktop folder here. So, how do I move it so I can see it here.

Ok .... here it is.

I just cannot get desktop from here. I want it like, if I click on Library, I can get desktop as well.

ry%3D400

Last edited:
Couple different options.

1) Right click 'Favorites' and click "Restore Favorite Links" to reset to defaults, which will include the Desktop folder (if it doesn't, just navigate to your Desktop folder, right click "Favorites" again, and click "Add to favorites"

2) At the top address bar (where it has a pic of a folder, an arrow, Libraries, then another arrow), click the first arrow, and then Desktop should be at the top.

Back
Top Bottom