Let's see your Computer tool kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ! my toolkit is the screwdriver on my pen knife. That is all i need. Screw old parts out.. screw new parts in.

Simples.

pretty much all that stuff with:

19714_punch-down-tool-4-pair-610xc-cat6-pt-reglete-telefonice-cross-connect.jpeg

and this:

network-lan-phone-data-wire-cable-crimper-cutter-tool-xs0160090622c.jpg

Testers, tone generators etc.

pretty much all that stuff with:

19714_punch-down-tool-4-pair-610xc-cat6-pt-reglete-telefonice-cross-connect.jpeg

and this:

network-lan-phone-data-wire-cable-crimper-cutter-tool-xs0160090622c.jpg

Testers, tone generators etc.

Don't need them right now, but I am considering about picking them up. I would like to set up a proper cabled next work in my parent's place. I am just kicking myself that I did not liberate that 16 Port Gigabit Switch before getting given the flick at my last job.

When i get back to the UK I will post a pic of my differing kit's, my basic, my Large, my Always in my Car and my Forensic and my Pen test kit's they are all comprehensive to say the least.

I can post a pic of my non computer tool kit too that thing weighs a ton.

Max most of the larger kit's you will see are for people who work in IT for a living or in my case who did, you never know exactly what you are going to need that day or even that sight so you tend to carry one or more bags of kit to cover all eventualities as a missing but of kit costs you time an the client money. For most enthusiasts a good set of swap heads and a few other minor bits will get you by but in a pro it world you might be running in a network cable one min and then swapping out a HDD the next and just after that you have a job that requiers you to use more than the average kit if your dealing with industrial computers.

^ actually right on.. I just need some micro Allen bits, micro screw drivers (for the chopper) and some wire stuff.. and maybe a Molex tool..

I have a 6' high craftsman roll away tool box here in my basement PACKED with automotive tools, but I don't really have the small stuff for the computer or other small repairs.

^ actually right on.. I just need some micro Allen bits, micro screw drivers (for the chopper) and some wire stuff.. and maybe a Molex tool..

I have a 6' high craftsman roll away tool box here in my basement PACKED with automotive tools, but I don't really have the small stuff for the computer or other small repairs.

I have tons of all kinds of allen keys in my tool kit half of them never used but I used them regularly enough to warrant a large set in my large bag. One thing I always find lacking though in most peoples kit's apart from my own it Torx bit's 5,8,10 will get you though on domestic stuff but when you are dealing with industial machines you very often need other sizes.

Another tool that I keep in my large bag was a 12 vault dewalt drill, and a collection of basic bits that has saved me so much time when i am doing a network install for wall holes and attaching conduit running.

Another is the Large Flat head screw driver about 10in long, you know the crappy OEM cases that have a sprung switch you have to pull down to release the side panel well the stick the side panel on HARD, I just shove that in the gap then twist it's open, it's also handy when you have to pull a cable though a wall just poke it through tape the cable to the tip an pull.

How much time do you guys spend altering stuff on your PC's ? Theres not alot to alter :\

I need it for my work. It was okay for me in my last job to extract PCs and take them back in the office. However at Unisys if I am doing Dell Break Fix, every thing needs to be fixed onsite.
However if I am only working one of the corporate sites, then all I really need a leatherman.

on my last job, i used to bring around a 90ltr plastic tube with all sorts of computer parts.
Hard drives, DVD Drives, Cables, Nics, Vga cards, Ram (SD/DDR/DDR2/DDR3), Cables.
12 months ago, i made a thread about it
http://www.techist.com/forums/f42/essentail-spare-parts-onsite-computer-service-210720/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom