Knowledgable Headphone People look here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright, so for the school they have these 'kits' that have all the books you'll need for all your classes as well as things like a kingston 1gb flash drive and a pair of headphones. Naturally these headphones are a bit better than my current MD-04 audio phase ones, although I've grown quite accustom to them and IMO they sound pretty good considering they are by no means crazy 'high end' headphones.

Anywho, the phones I got in the kit are:

AKG k240 studio

Here's a link:
AKG k240 Studio

I couldn't find a frequency response chart on their website, but these are supposed to have a pretty good all around range. I guess the directors here said the last pair of headphones they were giving in the kits had a dip in the mid-tones but these are supposed to be flat.

I just wanted to get the opinion of the people who are a bit more knowledgable in this field than I and their thoughts on it

Well, I couldn't get their websites stupid link to work, but I got a link to a store that's selling them

Learn something for me would you nubius?
I'll try man..... ::puts hand lightly on your shoulder:: .....I'll try..............

yeah, but I know a few people here like 003, ericB and I'd assume Crysalis would know.

yeah, I know he is. I've seen many of his arguments before and where he's linked that website. Same with ericB I believe.

Features:
Type: dynamic
Design: circumaural, semi-open
Frequency range: 15 to 25,000 Hz
Sensitivity: 91 dB SPL/mW
Power handling capability: 200 mW
Rated impedance: 55 ohms
Weight (without cable): 8.5 oz.
Cable: 10 ft. plug-in single cable
Stereo adapter: gold plated, screw-on 1/8” to 1/4” jack

What will you be using them for? How much can you spend in total? What type of music (if any) will you listen to on them? Do you need open or closed? What will you be hooking them up to?

I have not had personal experience with those specific headphones, but I have had experience with an A900, A900LTD, XD400, SR60, SR225, K701 and an HD650. I currently own a K1000.

You probably would get more answeres on head-fi, because there will be many people who have heard them, but I can still help if you dont want to sign up there.

EDIT:
You want flat frequency response? The Stax Omega II is said to have the flatest frequency response of any headphone. Of course, there is that little thing that it costs over $2000. For something more affordable, Ultrasone makes headphones with very flat frequency response. However they are so flat that they sound very boring and probably wouldn't be good for anything but recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom