kazaa legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
intercodes said:
All p2p programs are legal.

EDIT: but, downloading songs/movie ... are illegal

The legality of P2P is the same legality of things like VCRs and CD Burners. It's perefectly hate it. What you do with it is where it's legal or illegal.

The thing that annoyies me is that the you have all the big record companies seem to be wanting to take Kazaa to court. And in the end Kazaa as NO CONTROL over what thier users doing with their software.

No whats really funny is behind the scenes the RIAA is a paper tiger, have a friend who got busted cause his son was using p2p and was sharing about 800songs.Anyway, RIAA goes after him thru his isp(AOL), he gets a lawyer, RIAA wanted $3500 to settle, lawyer said nope, I'll give you $50 or we go to court, RIAA dropped the case.They almost have to, which is why they are asking for tiny little amounts, they know in court they have to prove it, their evidence is shaky, and lawyers are $300/billable hour, 10hours of atty time and they start losing $$,plus the time and inconvenience of litigation.

Hence one of the reason why they are trying to chase the companies that provide the P2P service as they know that they have the money.

It's BS in my IMHO. Why not sue companies like H&K the next time there is an armed bank robbery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom