Job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well after about a half of a year of searching, I finally got hired at Food Lion up the street from me :D Well i was hired on the 17th of jan, so that's why i have not been posting as much. But the good part is I will actually have money to spend on my PC and stuff :D

Always good to hear at this time. Congratulations!

What were you hired as?

"Service Associate" Basically it's a fancy word for a bagger. And I clean the floors, take out the trash, stock milk, eggs, and bread, stuff liek dat :D

But the job market really does suck around here, NOBODY is hiring. It's really sad.

The job market sucks everywhere right now, so a big congrats on landing a job. I'm still looking... I will probably end up finding a job that pays less than I draw for unemployment and that will suck majorly.

Food Lion? Do you live in the south? They don't have those up here, but they do down in Myrtle Beach. So are you in your teens still? I am... barely, 19.

well after about a half of a year of searching, I finally got hired at Food Lion up the street from me :D Well i was hired on the 17th of jan, so that's why i have not been posting as much. But the good part is I will actually have money to spend on my PC and stuff :D

Congrats on the job. We don't have Food Lion over here, is it a good place to work?

Trotter have you ever thought about going into teaching?

Yah he would make a great teacher.

I don't have the education to be a teacher, but I would enjoy teaching.

Philbar is in Vrginia, so he's still in the South.

FoodLion is a grocery store chain, kmote. I dunno if it a good place to work or not. I handled a couple of them when I was a merchandiser from Coca-Cola and they seemed to be decent places.

You really should see what it would take to become a teacher Trotter, I know in the UK they have a lot of special grants to help people become teachers maybe they have one in your state.

^^^ yea trotter you should look into it.

I know in West Virginia as long as you go to a public state college and stay in the state after you basically get a free ride through college to become a teacher. Teachers are probably the only jobs that are desperate in this country right now lol (State is pretty desperate actually..they are even offering any science major (me included lol) $3,500/year as long as you stay in state..but I declined since I want to move...no software engineering jobs here anyway lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom