Job Interview! Advice?

Even then you enter an agreement as a contractor before you start working, see this form for example: http://www.australiandesignunit.com/wp-content/uploads/Sample_subcontract_1.pdf

I can't think of any professional scenario where signing something wouldn't come into play. Business is just not the area for "but we pinky swore!". Am I missing something obvious?
My dad worked as an independent contractor, and for every single client ever that I helped him with, the first thing we did was type up something similar to the link above.

Thank you everyone!!!!

Even then you enter an agreement as a contractor before you start working, see this form for example: http://www.australiandesignunit.com/wp-content/uploads/Sample_subcontract_1.pdf

I can't think of any professional scenario where signing something wouldn't come into play. Business is just not the area for "but we pinky swore!". Am I missing something obvious?
My dad worked as an independent contractor, and for every single client ever that I helped him with, the first thing we did was type up something similar to the link above.

Obviously I can't give a a definitive answer because I have had less experience, but generally hourly wage/part time jobs doesn't require a contract, you can get straight to work. If you are bartering for benefits and special provisions, then you would get a contract in case one of the parties doesn't follow through with the terms.

I did have to sign a few things in the job application, but none were a contract to the company, here they were.
1. I agree for you to do a background check
2. I agree to have not lied or forged information on this application
3. I agree that my licenses are valid
4. I agreed to something else probably

EDIT: This information would be enough for the Department of Labor to take action against the company if they refused to pay you etc. Now that I am thinking, I'm wondering if I do actually need to sign a contract for a job like this as a medical professional, where some of my patients will die. I didn't have to sign anything for the grocery store I work at and the Rec Center. ???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom