ISP Torrent speed limitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
This is stupid, my ISP - TalkTalk limit my download speeds for torrents, not just abit. But a whole lot. It's insaine.

I start a torrent download and for the first 5 second you see it climb up to about 200Kbps, then SLAM - it goes down the 10kbps. Then you go speedtest.net with a ping of 1800ms and a download speed of 120K, instead of the 3Mb i'm paying for (And yes i am paying, noone else in the family cares about the internet)

I Could understand it limmiting my speed at 6pm on a saturday evening during peak heavy hours, but at 2am on a monday morning ? thats absurd. I bet they have little to no traffic at this time.

I'm using azureus with RC4 ecryption enabled. It's actuall kinda funny, you can tell they struggle to detect it for a few seconds because it suddenly shoots up to 250Kbps, and then it goes back down to 10 or 15kbps for the next 10 minutes, then back up to 250kbps. It's actually precisely every ten minutes, maybe the traffic limiter at my ISP rechecks that often.

Ohwell. Rant over..for now.

If you use uTorrent it has a data encryption option so that the bandwidth limiter can't tell the difference between a normal download and a torrent.

Yeh well the encrption isnt as good as the one on Azureus, and Azureus wont download it very fast. :(

Linux Distrobutions? I know that i get my Ubuntu and Kubuntu from torrents. Esaier to make sure you get the whole file.

Linux Distrobutions? I know that i get my Ubuntu and Kubuntu from torrents. Esaier to make sure you get the whole file.

Yea I will be needing to post up a torrent some time of the progress I have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom