ISP Torrent speed limitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't congress pass a bill saying that it was illegial for an ISP to do that??? I can't remember if it was just talk on CNN or if they actualy did it...

I tried all the major torrent downloaders last night, Azureus - uTorrent - BitComet and then i just tried with my normal Free Download Manager.

Results where kind of surprising, BitComet was by far the worst. It took the longest to get going and never got to a good speed. Azureus takes a few minutes to get going, it also reached the fastest speed but wasn't stable (70kbps to 5 kbps) uTorrent was steady at are 15kbps, and went up to 30kbps every 2 or 3 minutes for about 5 seconds. Free Download Manager won with it staying consistent at around 25kbps to 30kbps.

Even so.. 25kbps for a 3.68Gb file, your having a laugh..

And you guys probably torrent quicker because in the US about half of the ISP's dont limit them. Here every single major to fairly major ISP limits it. It's only regional ISP's that dont, and regional small ISP's have crap speed.

Here some ISPs that did traffic shapping (P2P n torrents) were forced to stop it otherwise they'd pay a Huge fee :D

Didn't congress pass a bill saying that it was illegial for an ISP to do that??? I can't remember if it was just talk on CNN or if they actualy did it...

This is USA only. Oreo is in the UK. Congress laws dont apply there. ;)

This country sucks when it comes to "people power" i cant remember any situation were the public wanted something and actually got it.

Once a rule is applied, it's allmost impossible to get rid of it over here. The MP's and Parliment are to scared to pass laws that may offend or upset someone, so they leave them as is.

they limit them because of the massive percentage of traffic they account for, not because of piracy. at least that's the official line.

heheh, that still sucks for people who is supposedly paying for "unlimited" high speed broadband internet.

even dial-up are now unlimited for a fixed fee per month?

(unlimited transfer, not bandwidth)

Dial up was always like that, you could have pay as you go (1p a min HUGE rip off) or pay monthly.

Oreo might sound like a stupid idea but try limmiting your download speed in your client as it might not be supper fast but you might get a some what more stable spead.

I'm on tiscali :p They deffinantely have done something to my downloads from torrent sites :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom