Is Ccleaner legit/good?

Says Revo is unsafe but says CCleaner is. Yea ok lol. Revo only removes registry entries pertaining to only that specific software being uninstalled. CCleaner can go in and rip it all apart.

I don't understand why some are so obsessed about "mantaining" Windows. Apart from shady registry modifications some programs make, Windows doesn't need external maintenance at all. If anything you should avoid using software that changes crucial parts of the system and you'll be just fine.

And CCleaner is not dangerous at all, although it does have some powerful tools that can mess things up. Even in those situations the proper warning is issued and if unsure they should not be used.

As usual the problem is with the user, not the application itself.

That being said, CCleaner is pretty shady because of the information it collects. Try reading its privacy statement or terms of service and there is no way you won't run away as fast as possible.

It's dangerous in the fact that users will ignore that warning, hence why I tell people to stay clear of it. All it takes is one "how bad can it be" and they're screwed. Other than that I was saying the exact same thing, although I use Revo because most program uninstall don't clean out everything. Windows won't handle it either, and can lead to issues some people have that people like me don't run into.

It's dangerous in the fact that users will ignore that warning, hence why I tell people to stay clear of it. All it takes is one "how bad can it be" and they're screwed. Other than that I was saying the exact same thing, although I use Revo because most program uninstall don't clean out everything. Windows won't handle it either, and can lead to issues some people have that people like me don't run into.
Yes I agree with that. It is usually the user that messes things up. By default there is nothing dangerous in CCleaner, especially since all of the dangerous features are disabled or unchecked by default.

I also believe Revo is a valid application to use. I wouldn't put it in the "maintenance" category. Programs usually leave a lot of other programs and system configurations behind and it does come handy sometimes to have a tool to remove them. Poorly written installers and uninstallers are not that rare, so it's useful to use software that tries to counter that.

The moral, I think, is that one shouldn't do things if one doesn't understand what one is doing. (Way too many ones there, buddy.)

Also, to answer the OP, CCleaner is legit. I mean, it does empty your recycle bin, doesn't it? However, I think the question should be: do I need CCleaner to do that? I believe the answer is no.

Yes I agree with that. It is usually the user that messes things up. By default there is nothing dangerous in CCleaner, especially since all of the dangerous features are disabled or unchecked by default.

I also believe Revo is a valid application to use. I wouldn't put it in the "maintenance" category. Programs usually leave a lot of other programs and system configurations behind and it does come handy sometimes to have a tool to remove them. Poorly written installers and uninstallers are not that rare, so it's useful to use software that tries to counter that.

The moral, I think, is that one shouldn't do things if one doesn't understand what one is doing. (Way too many ones there, buddy.)

Also, to answer the OP, CCleaner is legit. I mean, it does empty your recycle bin, doesn't it? However, I think the question should be: do I need CCleaner to do that? I believe the answer is no.
Definitely. The funniest part about that little known fact, is that pirated games are usually the only things that leave nothing behind I've found. Especially Razer and Codex releases.

Definitely. The funniest part about that little known fact, is that pirated games are usually the only things that leave nothing behind I've found. Especially Razer and Codex releases.
Well not that I'd know but a friend told me those installers actually look pretty clean and straightforward. ?

I used to use CCleaner all the time, but with M.2 SSDs and improved OS and software design it's just not really needed any more.

I used to use CCleaner all the time, but with M.2 SSDs and improved OS and software design it's just not really needed any more.

Agreed. I will use Glary and Wise (reg and disk) cleaners go thru the process once an update has been done. But I will not use Ccleaner since the whole bloatware thing after AVAST took it over. (The whole data breach/selling thing and "spying" on users.)

Back
Top Bottom