Intel gamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFI boards rule. no competition.

There have been cases where people using Asus AMD boards have experienced problems such as inconsistent OCs, crashes, CMOS issues, CPU crashes, etc etc.

DFI boards r the best around. i dont know who told u they were terrible

GameGURU said:
Asus rocks, they are the best for overclocking. Ask anyone.

Dont get me wrong because I have an abit board too, second favorite.

Now I get what you mean about making a significant jump to a higher level system. Thanks for the advice.

Anyone eh

ASUS FOR AMD UNDENIABLY SUCKS (You can guess the rest)

Now for my old intel rig

p4 11.7
MSI MX440
845 Based Intel Mobo
2x 256 meg 800mhz RD ram

ASUS are NOT the king of overclockers for AMD Gameguru.....as these other guys have said it's DFI hands down....it's not all opinion either, just do a search and DFI will always be recommended.....go to Xtremesystems.org well world record holder overclockers are and it will always be DFI for the AMD64 setups......ASUS is utter crap, I believe they are actually good for intel but not for AMD, their quality has definitely gone downhill in recent years not to mention the absolutely horrifying tech support.

You AMD guys certainly jump at the chance to tell us intel folks that your the kings of gaming. And guess what? Your right.... but that doesn't mean you have to start debating with us (intel users) when someone starts a thread like this. I believe the title of this thread was "Intel Gamers" but half of the replies are from AMD users.....lol.
Oh yea, Rig in Sig :)

Intel P4 3.2Ghz
Radeon 9800 Pro
160GB Segate HD
GT 2004 Edition Mobo (Gigabyte)
2x512 PC3200 GeiL Ram
BenQ FP7Ie+ 17" 8ms LCD

next upgrade is to Amd Athlon 64 3800+

Actually, the statement that Intel is superior at multithreaded processes is starting to age, the Athlon 64 X2 lineup crushes any Intel CPU at any encoding or (de)compression task.

I will agree with the comment about games beginning to lean towards Intel CPUs to a certain extent, game designers will start to program games with multiple threads which will give Intel CPUs equipped with Hyperthreading an advantage over the current single core Athlon 64 chips. However, AMD is migrating the entire Athlon 64 lineup to multicore chips starting with the 4200+ and moving up and they last single core chip will be either the FX-57 or FX-59 so Intel won't have an edge for considerably long, if at all.

Heh, I'm just waiting for the day for when calling Intel 'TEH SUCK' because CPU Biggotry :p muahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom