In case yall havent heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, oh god I love living in Europe, if you think this will stop you getting hold of copyrighted media if it's hosted in europe you will be told to **** off, and same goes for where most of the torrent sites like to live and that is in ex-Warsaw pact countries.

If this get's steam rolled into law I can see it lasting all of 5 min, before various groups either decide to take it head on or just plain subvert it.

Haha, oh god I love living in Europe, if you think this will stop you getting hold of copyrighted media if it's hosted in europe you will be told to **** off, and same goes for where most of the torrent sites like to live and that is in ex-Warsaw pact countries.

If this get's steam rolled into law I can see it lasting all of 5 min, before various groups either decide to take it head on or just plain subvert it.

If the US gets away with it im sure the United Nations will want a piece of the World Police action, count on it. Im sure private trackers will pack up and leave but im sure it wont last long. I seriously hope this doesnt go through though.

We can always be sure to have the most resilient torrent site though.. lol. There will be a group of black hatters out there that will get them good if this goes through.. I am sure of it.

People seem to forget this is the most extreme version of the bill. There will be committee hearings etc... and the final bill before it goes to the floor for a vote will be a watered down version of the original idea. Not that I agree with it, just saying how it may go down.

If somebody gets word of the results from that vote and the next step for anti-piracy crack downs let me know...
I am looking at isohunt forum currently, they seem a little bit shakin up, but from what I hear from them all **** will break loose if that bill passes.
By the way I am no way in for pirating any software or movies, however when I loose old software and I still have a legit product key I bought with it, I don't see why I can't just have a copy for my own personal business and won't distrube the software to any one else. <_<

@Saxon I guess you and I have to both face things sooner or later, if USA goes no-pirating so will europe player.

Demonoid is shakin up about it too as well as alot of other people i know that "get their hands dirty". Whether its a watered down version or not, the bottom line is the media will be allowed to do what they want with the internet basically.

Anyways latest news here, its been recessed until after November elections. According to this, other countries arent out of dodge like i said.

Web Censorship Bill Delayed Until After Nov Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom