(Update) - Information on VPNs & the Law.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Their has been as of posting this thread on the boards one or two questions over the past year approximately surrounding the use of VPNs and the law in regards to the country that they are being used in.

I will after doing some research on this for the past two too three weeks try to clear up any questions you may have.

I am certainly no expert in the field of law but have a good working knowledge of how VPNs work so I wanted to post this thread just to outline some basics and if I can help I will try.

The law surrounding the use of VPNs to put it simply is different from country too country.

While the use of VPNs is banned in China and Russia they are legal in the US, Switzerland, the U.K and most other EU country's as far as I'm aware.

VPNs are Banned and illegal in: Russia, China, Iraq, Oman, UAE, Turkey and Belarus.

As far as I'm aware most other country's have either strict laws surrounding the use of VPNs or the use is monitored. Sweden as far as I'm aware is an exception with most of the population of the country being connected and online.

In the U.K or at least GB the use is legal for the time being. You can be prosecuted if you refuse to hand over any passwords or encrypted DATA.

With the UK Government actively spying on its citizens and monitoring the internet usage I would ask you for the privacy minded think of taking out a paid VPN subscription. Paid Vs' free will be and will all ways be better. If you have a zero Logs Policy provider who are running empty VPN tunnels, you can rest at least 90% of the time you will be somewhat safe. As in the cut thought world reputations, its make or break for these company's.

Date: 16.09.2017

Back
Top Bottom