If Operating Systems Ran The Airlines.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU GUYS COULDN'T CARE LESS THAT LINUX SUCKS AND WINDOWS OWNS IT BECAUSE IT JUST DOES.

I win this thead, and the internet.

Thanks for the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.

Mac Airlines FTW
The only one on the list that gets you where you're going on time. No assembly required :laughing:

macdude425 said:
Again: the ignorance is astounding in this thread, and nowhere is it more prevalent than here.

The reason the "seats" don't work in the Linux Air "planes" is because XP Air is made of Nazis who have brainwashed the public. The public thinks they need a certain kind of "seats", making the right-of-choice harder for those who don't - therefore, since Linux Air can't afford to build their own "seats" they must use some that may or may not work with the Linux Air "planes".

If you were referring to my post, which obviously you were, you are the ignorant one. The seats that I said didn't work on my particular Linux plane symbolized the fact that there are about 1000 different Linux distributions and most of them aren't compatible. So even though it's all Linux, you have to find a software package that works with your particular distro, or it won't work. Software writers have to compile their software into about 4 or 5 different versions to make sure the majority of the Linux community can use it. Just think about this: Ubuntu was originally based on Debian, and not all Debian packages are even compatible with Ubuntu!

The only thing I got wrong in my first post is that when you are boarding the plane, they don't give you the bolts and wrenches. You have to search around yourself to find the right bolts that your seat depends on, and they have to be bolts that will work on that particular Linux plane.

Wine should be called whine

And lost. Linux is Linux is Linux.

Software writers normally don't compile the packages into software manager-compatible formats; maintainers working for the distros do, in most cases. If it isn't in your distro's repos, compile it or find another distro that does work. It's not rocket science.

Really, Windows is the same - but worse. Want to set up a Terminal Services server? Oh, sorry, you can only have two users logged on at a time, but you can pay $599 more and get unlimited users!

EDIT: Oh, and Wine wouldn't exist if more software companies embraced Linux because users like you knew better.

It would be more compatible, too, if Microsoft was less paranoid - something you continue to ignorantly pay into.

macdude425, I meant you no disrespect, but I have used Linux extensively. I know what it is like to use Linux. I know all about its good points, and I'm not too stubborn to admit its bad points. I think Linux is great if it suits your needs. After using it for quite some time, I finally gave in to the fact that it wasn't suiting all of my needs, so I went back to XP, which I didn't pay a dime for because it came on a computer I bought.

The original post was a humorous thing that was obviously biased toward Linux, so I thought I would add my humorous version of it that is from a different point of view.

Linux is great, but that doesn't make Microsoft the Devil. We are all free to use whatever OS we choose.

And I'll readily admit that Windows has its uses - especially Active Directory (in networks with less than 500 users), but I find it rather stupid to have to pay for an operating system (in most cases, anyways) which works no better (for me) than one that is free, especially when the one I paid for has a tendency to tell me I'm a pirate.

The point is that marketing works - to a brainwashing-like extent, which is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom