I just smashed my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! if only it was that simple..........

Anyways, I got the insurance company to cover my rental car for another 2 more days. I still think they should be covering me for 4 as they wasted an entire week end.

Spoke with the some other insurance companies today in regard to insurance on my former boss's CR-V.
Firstly.... my current insurer, Allionz, does not want to know me because of my speeding inidient last year. Because of a screw up and thier end, I should not even be insured with them in the first plac.e

NRMA is willing to give me insurance, they will give me a 35% no claim bonus. But due to me loosing my license last year for speeding, they are going to slam me with another $1200 exess fee on top of my normal exess fee if I have another accident which is my fault between now and the next 12 months.

So I am trying to keep my insurance cheap as possible, but not so bad if I screw up. And because of that, there is no way that i can afford the insurance on my former boss's CR-V.

So at this stage, I am just going to have to wait for my car to be fixed.
The only other thing I can do is see about getting my father or my sister to insure the CR-V and see what the premium is going to be like then.

I really really really have to thank what ever god of luck yesterday.
Since my parents got back from holiday and the loan car on my policy expired, i was returning the car. ANyways, I show up at the rental place only to find it was closed. The clerk slept in. I could not find any place to park the car, and with the number of No Right Turns sings in the area, I had to to an extremely tight 3 point (more like 6 point turn). However on the last point of the turn, I backed up an hit the fence.
"AHHHHH ****! I spend the last 2 weeks being careful with the car only to do this just meters away from returning the car."
Anyways, I had a look at the damage. Apart from the obvious scaped paint, there was also a 2 small hole in the bumper. Where did the holes come from? There where 2 nails sticking out from the fence.

So I am waiting for the clerk to show up. Meanwhile swearing and cursing over my own stupidity.
Anyways, the clerk shows up. I return the car. He give the car the once over look. He did not notice the damage. So after paying him for the extra day's use of the car and the excess insurance, I figured that it would be best for me to just get the out there quickly as possible before he give the car a second look.

I am going to call the smash repair later today and find out what is the eta on my car repair.

How fast were you going that you lost your license?

10km over the limit. However it was a double demerit long week end.

HEY!! i have the same type of car :D

EXCEPT its green, and it has 4 doors. Its called an Opel Astra here.

Its been givin me some trouble though.... its not made for Libya's hot climate.

Good News and Bad News.

Good News is that I will be getting my car back next week. They just need to check the wheel alignment, and I need to renew my insurance with NRMA.
Bad News is that I just spent $70 at the pump filling up my father's car thinking that they will be taking another week to fix it.

I will ask when I drop off the plates to them later today.

[EDIT]Did not get list from smash repair. However one thing that I am happy about is that they did replace my aftermarket head lights with the same after market head lights.
They also replaced alot of the other aftermarket products too with same or simulare aftermarket products. However i think I liked my older hubcaps better.
I just got the car covered for insurance starting monday. So I hope that the wheel allignment goes well and I can pick up the car on monday.[/EDIT]

I will be picking up my car this afternoon. Finally life is coming back to normal again.

So what all did they have to replace?

Now that I got the paper work..... In a nut shell....
Front Bar
Guard Liner
Right Hand Sill Panel Mould
Radiator
Air Conditioner
Front RIght Hand Wheel and assembly
Front Right Hand Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom