I Have no recovery disc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
Hello, today wasnt a good day at all.. after requesting a Recovery CD for my Fujitsu siemens laptop i didnt get one in the end

Heres the story:

I Rang Comet up ( Place where i bought the Laptop ) and they diverted me to the Customer tech support thing and i said im Wondering if you could send me a Vista Home basic recovery CD, She said no we dont do that.. But try ringing Fujitsu, I Then said ive allready rang them before they said go to you.. Comet then said.. Well if you want we could Give you Microsoft Tech support number...

So i rang them up, Gave Microsoft my details etc, they said no we dont do recovery discs we only do Retail, so they then said Contact Fujitsu Siemens.. so i did. I Said to them.. Im wondering if you could send me a new recovery CD for my Fujitsu Laptop.. They Said no you will have to buy them from us for £45.. around $92 USD.. So i thought forget that i dont have no money on me yet

So im wondering if anyone has any spare Vista Basic CD and ill use my own CD key under my laptop ? i Would download but im not on the Best of internet :(

Hello, today wasnt a good day at all.. after requesting a Recovery CD for my Fujitsu siemens laptop i didnt get one in the end

Heres the story:

I Rang Comet up ( Place where i bought the Laptop ) and they diverted me to the Customer tech support thing and i said im Wondering if you could send me a Vista Home basic recovery CD, She said no we dont do that.. But try ringing Fujitsu, I Then said ive allready rang them before they said go to you.. Comet then said.. Well if you want we could Give you Microsoft Tech support number...

So i rang them up, Gave Microsoft my details etc, they said no we dont do recovery discs we only do Retail, so they then said Contact Fujitsu Siemens.. so i did. I Said to them.. Im wondering if you could send me a new recovery CD for my Fujitsu Laptop.. They Said no you will have to buy them from us for £45.. around $92 USD.. So i thought forget that i dont have no money on me yet

So im wondering if anyone has any spare Vista Basic CD and ill use my own CD key under my laptop ? i Would download but im not on the Best of internet :(

Unlucky mate... maybe try visiting a local pc tech shop ? Or you could just use mr.torrence. You could also just by premium edition OEM for 60 or 70 quid.

Your lappy should have come with a program to create the disc for you. If you're still able to get into Windows and such, look for a Recovery/Restore DVD Creator in the program menu.

It is legal for you to torrent a Vista Home Basic disc and just use your valid key. Because your version is a special oem for Fujitsu it may activate properly, it may not.

See if it has a f8 f9 f10 f11 recovery option for most computers built in the last few years they have such a option.

Well hopefully you had all your important data backed up before this happened. If you didn't you may want to look into bootable Data recovery disks. One is the ultimate boot disk, and there are some linux ones that do the same thing.

Anyways, I would pick up and OEM version of whatever OS you want to install, wipe the drive after recovering whatever data you needed and then after installtion going to the manufactures wesbite and downloading the drivers for given model of laptop.

If you don not have a recovery CD, then you should have at least a recovery image which you can burn on to CD or DVD.

Failing that, call up Microsoft Anti Piracy hotline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom