I didn't know where else to put this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldIndustries

Daemon Poster
I have a crapload of english notes that someone sent to me in Word format... I want to print these off, and it would be SO much easier if I could just print them off on lined looseleaf paper, so I could just put them in my english binder... Is this okay to do? Will it damage my printer or anything? I can't find anything about it on google...

I don't have a good hole puncher, just one of those hand ones that punch one hole at a time. It would take me probably half an hour to punch out all the holes, and I don't really feel like doing something that'll ruin the tendons in my wrist for the rest of the week.

Most offices or libraries have a three hole punch in their possession, if not, there is definatly one at your school, go ahead and print them off, take them to school, and hole punch them there.

and buy yourself one, they are handy! esspecially in case of a zombie attack

I would suppose it depends on your printer. I have done it before on an inkjet. It worked fine. I'm not saying that I completely recommend it; your mileage may vary, as they say.

As far as I could think of, there would be only two potential issues related to the fact that the paper is thinner.

First one would be the paper feeder. How well would the mechanism that rolls up the paper handle it? Would it be prone to grabbing more than one, or jamming it because it handles differently?

The second would be the ink bleeding. Is the paper thin enough for the ink to bleed through it a bit while it's still wet? I would probably only print on draft mode for this, because it puts less ink on the paper. I would avoid photos.

Make sure your margins are wide enough so that the holes couldn't be an issue.

I also would recommend NOT doing it if you're using a laser printer.

Note that I don't have any data to back up any of this advice, they're just my ideas.

I tried it on a sheet of lined paper, but I used grey colored font instead of black, so as to keep it from bleeding though, and it worked quite fine. It's not as wide as printer paper, but it's only off by about 3 or 4 millimeters, and the holes aren't an issue. I don't really want to cause a jam, so I only feed in one sheet at a time.

I still won't be doing this too often, but atleast I know it's an option now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom