HP Photosnart 7960 printer

JL10

Solid State Member
PLEASE HELP! Just had a baby and thought I'd get a nice photo printer to be able to print out those memories! Bought an HP Photosmart 7960 printer (after having HP's in the past) and have since had 3 crashes! Error Reporting states that it is a driver issue but I apparantly have the latest driver installed (according to HP). Has anyone had similar problems with this printer? Does anyone know what I could try to resolve this isuues. All help gratefull received. Thanks.

catalyst1

BSOD
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Could be a hardware issue. If it's USB, try another USB port.

JL10

Solid State Member
Thanks for the reply. I have uninstalled and reinstalled before, will try another USB port though. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Techy Geek

Daemon Poster
make sure everything is turned on and plugged in properly. I know that sounds dumb but I was trying to print something for half an hour before I realised it wasnt turned on, lol, you probably arent that stupid

JL10

Solid State Member
I have made sure that everything's connected properly! Thanks for the suggestion though, you can never be to sure!! The problem is more to do with my PC crashing. I have been onto HP though, and they've been very helpful (surprisingly!). They provided me with a download that has hopefully (and I do mean hopefully!) has sorted the issue. Still wondering if anyone else has suffered from this issue with the 7960 though. Cheers

lurkswithin

Fully Optimized
I researched a this a while back and was trying to find the thread(link) to send you to but haven't located it. as I recall there was an issue with the settings that were causing somekind of lockup. Something to do with the "preview" option and then trying to I think it was "red eye reduction" would cause a major issue. The ideas behind it was I believe was to do everything that needed to be edited while using the preview then turn off preview to do the red eye reduction.
I don't know if that is a help to your cause or not.
There is one other thing that you might try... removing the newest drivers and install the older set that came with the 7660/7760 models. The only difference is that you will lose the new cropping option.