How to fix broken audio

csanch11

Beta member
So I record my lectures in college with an app called inclass on my iPad. Theres about 3 recordings worth 40 minutes long that won't play in the app and on my mac. How do I fix this? And feel free to ask questions. PLEASE HELP ;(

So I record my lectures in college with an app called inclass on my iPad. Theres about 3 recordings worth 40 minutes long that won't play in the app and on my mac. How do I fix this? And feel free to ask questions. PLEASE HELP ;(

What file format is the audio in ?
Go the directory of the recored audio and see what extension it has.
Could be a minor issue of not having a proper codec to play it.

They are all in .m4a format

Read this first please:
Audio file created in the MPEG-4 format, a multimedia container format used to store compressed audio and video data; contains audio encoded with either the Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) codec or the Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC).

M4A files are similar to .MP4 video files since both file types use the MPEG-4 container format. However, M4A files only contain audio data. The use of the ".m4a" extension arose due to the confusion between MPEG-4 video files and MPEG-4 audio-only files.

The iTunes Store provides songs in the M4A format. These songs are encoded using AAC compression, which significantly reduces the size of each file. Songs that include copyright protection have an .M4P extension.

I recommend this as this wil open it automatically
KMPlayer - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

or this as well

VideoLAN - Download official VLC media player for Mac OS X

Back
Top Bottom