Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
asusw5fe_crave.jpg

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029450,49284115,00.htm

Well according to the link:
and have to concede the second screen could come in useful

gotta love their grammar.

The system is provided by PortalPlayer Preface, and known officially as Windows Slideshow -- a Vista-only technology that lets you do all of the above while the laptop is switched off, on, or hibernating. PortalPlayer reckons Slideshow will let you access flight departure information, movie show times, alerts, play games, movies, images and MP3s. And the best part: it can run for "hundreds of hours without draining your notebook battery," according to the PortalPlayer site.

If someone doesn't mind explaining to me what Windows Vista has ANYTHING to do with the computer AT ALL if the computer is TURNED OFF AND NOT RUNNING, I would appreciate it.

only advantage i realy see is that it can run for hundereds of hours without taking your actuall battery power.

MrZucchiniHead said:
only advantage i realy see is that it can run for hundereds of hours without taking your actuall battery power.
That's true, like it can get annoying turning your computer on, waiting for your startup programs to load, etc. when you just need to check something quickly.

Strange, I can close the lid on my Macbook Pro (yes, standby, not shutdown), walk away and come back a week later and the battery will be like 10% lower than when I left it.

The General said:
Strange, I can close the lid on my Macbook Pro (yes, standby, not shutdown), walk away and come back a week later and the battery will be like 10% lower than when I left it.

^^agreed, i can see it being convienent, but seriously it seems rather useless. you can do pretty much everything that extrnal screen does on something like an ipod, blackberry, smartphone, pocket pc etc etc, or just put your notebook on standby all the time(<-easiest way).

We can't wait for this to hit the streets (probably some time after Vista's release)

So...

Never?

This idea...
Who would HONESTLY use it?
Most PC laptops are just desktop replacements anyways because they're always too heavy to be portable. If your laptop is sitting on a desk, OPEN... Why have a second screen?
Adding a display is just going to increase the size of the laptop to accomodate it, increasing size adds weight...
I think its a dumb idea. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom