Hosting service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well I was going to host my site from home but I decided I am not going to do that.

I was thinking Go Daddy would be the way to go but I have some critical questions.

1) How many MySQL databases are needed for a website with phpbb3? All file transfers will probably be linked to other sites. But I want to post videos on my site.

2) Joomla or MKPortal. They have stopped MK Portal production so I was thinking Joomla.

Browser Update Page

I was thinking deluxe plan. This is for a group of gamers. (A clan if you will but we attempt to stay away from that classification.)

The problem with Joomla is it doesn't integrate with forum software without purchasing third-party software. I think Spit-wad did it, so maybe ask him. In that case you would need two MySQL db's: one for Joomla and one for PHPBB.

I use GoDaddy and Bluehost. The latter being preferred in my opinion. Others have mentioned HostGator is really good too.

I think the economy plan would be plenty for you at this point. You can always upgrade if you need to.

I have had an awesome experience with HawkHost for the past year or so. I am especially pleased with their customer service, they ALWAYS notify of maintinence downtime (and I have yet to experience any random downtime) and get back to me within half a day with answers to any questions or issues I may be having. Found the prices to be pretty **** reasonable for what I get too (doing six month payments on the advanced pack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom