HOLY CRAP!! it's Adobe Lightroom (pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
:eek:

I just downloaded Adobe Lightroom to play around with since it's free and it's an alternative to Apple Aperture for windows users. After using it all I can say is Oh...My...Freaking...God!

In Lightroom, I can manipulate my exposures to the extent where using only 1 file, I can create an almost final image that would normally take me at least 2 different exposures to compile whether it be two RAW adjustments or 2 separate images previously. AMAZING!

Just look at these!

DSC_0105_EDIT_show.jpg

My first attempt required 2 different exposures!

test.jpg

Now granted these aren't final images, these are straight out of Lightroom with the exception of the borders.

and a screenshot of it in action:

lightroom.jpg

The only gripe I have about it is that it's a major RAM hog. My machine is almost constantly in virtual memory when I'm using it. I have 1GB of RAM and Lightroom uses about 1.25-1.5GB when previewing my .NEF's.

Other than that, :wooha: :drool:!

Any windows users that are even remotely serious about making photographs should download the beta RIGHT NOW. I'm not even kidding you how insanely powerful this software is for the RAW workflow.

Now show me some pics of Hillary Duff!!!

They are awesome though. Very nice. If you lived in the southwest kansas area I would ask if you were interested in doing a wedding.

Lord AnthraX said:
If you have the time, start a gallery thread and show us some of your work.
Thanks and only if other people post their work up too.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Thanks and only if other people post their work up too.

I'd like to see more as well. I would post some up, but I'm obviously not a photographer.

FireFox said:
I'd like to see more as well. I would post some up, but I'm obviously not a photographer.
If you take pictures, you're a photographer. It's not like a doctor or a lawyer where you actually need paperwork to be able to say you're one.

if there's a gallery, i'll post some of my stuff. i don't have a fancy camera so i don't take very many close-ups or detailed shots, but i have some good ones.

i want to play with light room!!!

EDIT: downloaded it, installed. now i see why it's beta. it crashes on my system every time i try to tun it. some error with discburning.dll. tried repair installing, but no dice. oh well.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom