Hey Dan, check this out

High ground clearance trucks may be great for when you need to work underneath them but they're a real PITA when you need to work under the hood. My truck is 4WD so it sits pretty high, one thing I really don't like about that is that I can't reach over the side of the bed and pickup something sitting in the bed, I have to climb up into the bed to get it. I actually have a stick with a hook that I keep in the bed of my truck so that when I need to get something I can snag it with the hook and drag it to the tailgate.

Ugg... Done!!! I hope it never has to be done ever again!!! The rest of the front end looks good. No play at all. Tomorrow i am getting it a front end alignment and should be ok till something else acts up. I think i will be replacing the brake master cylinder. Its seeping around where the plastic reservoir mates with the master cylinder. I have a very small transmission leak on the cooler lines. Thats all i can see wrong. Both should be a easy fix. Maybe next month i will fix the master cylinder. I will check out the cooler leak and figure out where it is leaking. I think it is where the trans temp gauge is in the line. Just needs to be tightened. I am going to lay down and fall back asleep and forget the day....

Front end alignment done. Only thing he said was that the steering box is getting play in it. He was thinking that it should be replaced. I am wondering if i can just check the adjustment on it. Will try that first. Other than that, I am ready to go on this trip. Will leave Monday. WooHoo!!!!!

Be sure you know what you're doing on that adjustment. It's not that simple.

Ive done a few. If memory serves torque to 125 ft. pds. back off to just free play and 25 ft. pds. and thats it. Been awhile but seems about right.

Back
Top Bottom