Hey Dan, check this out

I guess i am lucky there. The truck is high enough i don't need to jack it up. I will use a small bottle jack when i put the tie rod back into the sockets. But just enough to make the movement of the tire easier. I have the pickle and Hammer to do the job with. The right tools make it easier and safer.

I got one side done and the toe in right. The other side is later this week. I am hurting bad!! I'm just to beat up and old for this crap!! after i get the other side done i will do a full front end alignment Ugg...

Last edited:
Tell me about it. Why I don't like working on my car because I end up a bloody mess.

The aches came later. :eek:

Yep, I am err was a bit bloody!! Am sore and cramping alot. Deb rubbed me down and feel somewhat better. I have the other side to look forward to.....

You should've heard me swearing a storm while I was under the sink replacing the faucet assembly (double basin). I was getting cramps all the time trying to get comfy enough to work.

I told my sis if she wants me under there again I'm a cutting everything out with a saw just so I can fit in there. There will be the only top portion to close the doors on.

The floor of the cabinet rotted years ago and I cleared it out. All that was left is the frames and try lying on them. You'd be swearing a storm too. :D

I was laying down on the ground, but too much work getting the tie rods off. then doing the counting and all to get the toe in right. I am not used to that kind of work anymore! I am not looking forward to the drivers side....

Exactly why I pay others to do that stuff now.

Last week I had to climb a ladder to change a battery in a smoke detector in the bedroom and that was far more difficult then it should have been. I don't know how many times I dropped the d@mn battery!

Jack stands are probably a good idea, since my jack has wheels on it.... Guess i'll give it a try this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom