help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell her to reach around and pull the stick out...... I am glad my family is cool... lol.

Sounds like Kyle's mom from South Park... i could just hear it now... WHAT WHAT WHAAAT??

I wouldn't say or do anything to her. If she's too immature to accept that people swear and it's not an awful thing then it's not your problem. How old are you anyways, 14-16? The whole idea that she told you "You have a week to think about it then give me an apology call" is totally bogus, who does she think she is? Eventually she'll either call you or your mom, so maybe just explain the situation to your mom if you think she'll understand and handle it better. She might just have a "proper language" talk with you and you'll be cool.

The immaturity level is not the problem with the aunt, it's the problem with the one that can't accept that some have standards that don't allow profanity.

You know, like here at Tech-Forums. A slip of the tongue is not like a slip of the keyboard, so there is no excuse here for bypassing the profanity filter nor ignoring the rules.

When you have your own home (like you pay the bills), then you can set the standards for everything, including language. When you're at someone else's home, then you either abide by their standards (regardless of what you think about them), or you don't go there. Kinda' like here, know what I mean?

Don't want to mess up a relationship? Then do what the other party is expecting. She gave you a week hoping that you'd show the maturity level that she expects out of you. If you don't like her expectations, or if you don't respect her expectations, then don't do anything.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom