Help with System

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinkshaji

Beta member
Hi.,anyone reading this please be kind enough to help me.. I just bought a 64bit dell system,optiplex GX620., i installed windows 7 and found that it was incompatible with my system so I formatted my system drive using the windows7 dvd (but didn't install) switched off the system and installed xp but before completing installation an error message is reported(in blue background) telling that some critical errors have been reported and windows is shut down to protect my system.. Now I can't do anything.. Please you got to help me., I have waited long for a good system and now I'm unable to use it..

Why did you need to install 7? Didn't it come with it? If it came with Vista, you could upgrade it.
The OptiPlex series has been around since the Pentium 4s, I doubt it came with Win7 - and it quite probably isn't compatible.

Before upgrading always ensure your harware is compatible.

As for the blue screen - sounds like you need to try and reinstall windows xp again. Hopefully you didn't overwrite the recovery partition on the drive, if you didn't you could just boot to that and have the recovery partition put your PC back to 'out of the box' setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom