Help me word this please

Status
Not open for further replies.

regret

Baseband Member
was trying to post this in general chat, but alas i dont have 40 posts, so this looks liek the most generalized forum section for it.

Im trying to google some stuff up, but i cant figure out a good way to word it with keywords that wont make a bunch of worthless crap come up

im going to put something like this on top of a desk im building,

Secretary Desk - Jeff Greef Woodworking

and underneath it, im goign to leave about 5" between the top and the top drawer. Im going to put a lock on the overall design, then when you open it, on the bottom, some kind of (and this is an example of where i dont know what to call it / how to word it exactly) a "trap door" or w.e to be called, but some clever and easily conceled way to access the 5" space for anything to keep not only locked, but hidden on top of it.

my idea so far would be just to cut out a portion from the top inside in like a corner or something, then have it be able to lift or come off (a random thought is to have something for you to be able to place it on, like a wall mount etc to place the cut out pice on, put a magnet on the bottom and make it so it wont pop up without the maggnet or something? just thought of it while typing sounds kinda nifty, but a hasle, and it may **** up my credit cards since id have my walet in the normal compartment and it may come in contact with the magnet... heard that REALLY messes things up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom