help creating something on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamnamja

Beta member
Hey guys.. IÂ’m trying to create a website for my girlfriend and myselfÂ… weÂ’re gonna be going on a diet.. and what I want to do, is be able to put our weights in daily and have some sort of a program that updates and shows a graph of our daily progress. Would this be possible to do on a website? And if so, please show me how. Thanks

Do you want a site where you modify the code daily to enter your values or do you want an online program where you enter the values, press a button, and they're automatically added to the graph?

hey guys... i would like to use a program, so that... for example... every day in the morning, we'll weigh ourselves, and then we both go to the website, and just input today's value, and it would update itself and the graph.. how can i go about doing that?

Well, you're not going to learn that easily. You should probably have a script made that would do that. You will also need webhosting.

Ken11235 said:
Well, you're not going to learn that easily.

coding a website to do it would be pretty cumbersome. thats why i suggested graphing in excel. find a free file host, download/upload the file as needed.

http://ed.fnal.gov/data/life_sci/data/tutorials/excel.shtml
Step 1. Entering Data in a Worksheet

Step 2. Selecting Data to Graph

Step 3. Selecting the "Chart Wizard

Step 4. Selecting the Type of Graph

Step 5. Changing the Size of a Finished Graph

Step 6. Creating Different Types of Graphs

Conclusion: Analyzing and Interpreting the Graph

if i were to use excel.. that means i would have to constantly enter data, take the graph and then move it over to the website... i just throught there might be an easier way.. thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom