Gurrreat Book for Computer Builders/Beginners :D

I went to Half Priced Books and picked a few PC books for $5 each. Although I have never really used them. Asking in here and using google is quicker and easier.

Sometimes I glance through them to see what has changed since they came out though.

You will if you ever plan on going to college. You'll wish each book was only $20...

lol yupp. I know. (but I'm only 13 now, so $20 is a lot for me. The only way I'm getting this money is through family (holidays), $5 a week allowance, and selling things online and getting commission through my parents and/or selling my own stuffffff onlineee :D I have to actually put my mom's stuff on eBay. She has no idea how to work a computer...:rolleyes:

OH AND I'M GOING TO COLLEGE, FO SHOWW :D

ALL A'S AND IN MOST ADVANCED CLASSES -- WILL HAVE AT LEAST A YEAR DONE WITH COLLEGE BEFORE I GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL :D

I'd definitely recommend having a read of some quality books for it. But it'll come down to getting stuck in with components and learning that way. I took my first PC apart at the age of 8, and have been in love since. With new PCs as long as you take physical care with your parts you can pretty much just keep experimenting until you've built your first PC and if anything happens your confused about drop in here and ask us.

With all the constant changes in technology, i'm pretty sure that book would be useless within the next year or 2.

With all the constant changes in technology, i'm pretty sure that book would be useless within the next year or 2.

True, true. The suggestions are already a little outdated. But, it still tells me (specifically) how to install things, and it comes with a video. I just watched it today, and now, I am sooo much better at comprehending here in the forums :D

What you have to come to accept is that all written advice about computing technology will be obsolete within a year or two, but the knowledge and theory and application of theory inside a good book or discussed in a quality video will help you progress to newer technologies easier and the original ideas should build a strong foundation for all your learning in the future if you back it up with practicals

Back
Top Bottom