Good Paying Tech Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do any tech job and it will have a very good salary. Qualifications you need is obviously a degree and maybe a technology certification (e.g. Cisco, Microsoft).

Well... IMO, I don't think a degree is a requirement.

NOTE: I have a 4 year degree in MIS and love it, glad I have it.
And also recommend to anyone to get one.

However, is a degree a requirement... I would rather hire a person who "KNOWS HIS STUFF", a person with experience, a person who can solve problems better than most OVER a person with a degree who can't do those things.

Now, what if two people have the same experience and same skill level --- one degreed and one with no degree.

IMO it comes down to personality and soft skills.
It does not come down to the degree.

UNLESS YOUR DONALD TRUMP :)

if you follow "The Apprentice", I feel he fired Troy solely based on the fact Troy only had high school degree vs. the other's guy MBA.

I agree Troy has some 'soft skills issues', but Qualmy (spelling?) is not a leader.

So maybe it depends on your goals in life.
As the story goes, if you want to be a manager or VP of BIG company... you HAVE to get a degree. (or better yet, an MBA)

If you want to be successfull, you don't need a degree, BUT you must be GOOD at what you do.

yeah im 13 and im looking for a good paying tech job for when im older and now i know it would be a miricle if some hired me at this age but im looking cause my dad wants me to get a job and i want to have a job that is fun not boring and tirering if u know what i mean

HardKore{Killa} said:
Im still a student in high and i want to now what some of the good paying tech jobs are and what qualifications i need for these certain jobs

Qualifications for any tech job are on little pieces of paper. If ou go to college, be a computer science major, or go to a vocational school and get MCSE or MCSA - They're both really useful and look good on a resume.

In order to get paid well in the IT industry - you have to be very well rounded. Just knowing how to do one thing will only get you so far - and most careers in IT are around 36,000.00 starting out - the exception is cisco certifications that are very high in demand, they average about 50,000.00 a year and one guy that finished the certification for CCNA got a huge signing bonus.

They're in demand because not many people go for the certifications and they're required.

Computer security is gonna skyrocket soon too, especially in the next couple years because of all this terrorist somestuff

I'm 21 and I have been relying on my "self taught knowledge". I work full time as an IT Manager and have gotten this far not because of certs. or degrees, I was hired the summer I graduated high school and have been handling anything and everything here. If I don't know an answer I figure it out haven't applied anything I learned in school yet. Don't pay the money for school if you have what it takes naturally to make it.

RyansTech said:
I'm 21 and I have been relying on my "self taught knowledge". I work full time as an IT Manager and have gotten this far not because of certs. or degrees, I was hired the summer I graduated high school and have been handling anything and everything here. If I don't know an answer I figure it out haven't applied anything I learned in school yet. Don't pay the money for school if you have what it takes naturally to make it.

Yeah - last year I got a job doing network admin and I don't have any certs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom