Going to need help downloading UBUNTU 12.0.4 LTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zettabyte

Solid State Member
I would like to download UBUNTU OS onto a 4GB flash drive just for general purposes. I know it takes at least 2GB of free space so i have that checked. I am currently waiting for download to be complete. I have also already downloaded the UNetbootin app you need to install UBUNTU. But what do i exactly do next?? From what i know i extract UBUNTU WinRAR files or whatever onto flash drive and use UNetbootin to setup right? I plan to change the boot order in boot menu to start from USB drive so it will run UBUNTU and i can switch back to my normal Windows 7 64-bit (on HDD) whenever i feel. Any guidance on how to do the operation correctly without wasting my time??? This is like the third time ive tried this.

No, just use the iso image in Unetbootin. It will do everything else for you. This is to create the install/Live-CD, though.

You will have to physically install it onto your usb flash drive. To do so, I would burn the Ubuntu ISO to a CD, and boot off it. Disconnect your other drives, just have the USB Flash drive in there. Install from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom