Getting stiffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Franklin

In Runtime
Okay so I won an item off ebay. The seller continuously gives me the wrong invoice overcharging me on shipping. I ask him kindly to give me the email of his paypal account so I can make a direct transfer because the invoice kept coming out wrong. I made a payment to his paypal and now he refuses to acknowledge the payment. Granted the item isn't more than $20 but what would be my next step if he refuses to send my item? I clearly have a record of the transaction in paypal that I made a payment.

Ask Paypal for a refund and report him to ebay.
What is the auction and how much is he charging you?

people on eBay always overcharge for shipping. Small item, cost about $3.25 to ship it and they charge anywhere from $9.00 to $30+ for S/H. ebay needs a "report fraudulent shipping charges" button and a team that investigates these matters, it really needs to be stopped. When I sale something on ebay I find out how much it's gonna cost to be shipped and charge close to that amount, I never try to profit from S/H charges on ebay.

I say report him, give him negative feedback, get your money back through paypal and never do business with him/her again.

Report him to eBay, leave negative feedback. I hate when I hear problems with dishonest sellers like that.

At least Ebay/Paypal has a decent system in place for stuff like that. It can go both ways, too. I had a buyer who filed a Non Received Items claim against me even after he had signed for the item (I usually require a sig) and left me feedback! Just trying to get his video game for free apparently. Needless t say, Paypal obviously didn't let him get away with anything. Still, it takes all kinds.

Its people like that that give online shopping a bad name, when parents hear about that they dont let their kids put their credit card online....I HATE THOSE PEOPLE ITS THEIR FAULT I DONT GET TO PUT MY PARENTS CARD ONLINE!

So far, so good. But, then, I don't buy on eBay. I use e-tailers and people on here. I know too many people who either are scamming on eBay, or have ran scams on eBay, to trust anyone on there.

I usually buy from power sellers or ebay stores so usually you don't get scammed by those as much.

Ya, small time sellers always make me suspicious too.

All you can really do is report him to paypal or Ebay and see if they will help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom