Get Folding People!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on a HP Pavilion with a p4 so i can't leave it on as much as i like an OCing forget it.

I have never been in the top 20 sadly but new rig is gona fold all the time / so will this rig an also if i can fold on my server I will.

Ah well thats ok, it should be able to do the non-smp folding fine though..
Once I figure out how to get the New standard console working on my Dell, there will be another computer, and I will stick SMP Folding on my Sisters 4600+.

So I have 2 more machines comming, sooner or later..

A enitre page of reading. Make that two.
Folding@home - Main
F& - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Though, in two words.
Disease reasearch..

Btw, when you goto set it up.
Our team number is
And your User Name is exactly, letter for letter the name you use on this site, including any capitilized letters..
You will usually say no to all five questions asked unless you have some odd arrangment with a proxy..

Uh, well your computer is not adequete for SMP Folding, but you sure can do the normal one ment for lower end systems, they should only take 3-5 days on that computer, if you let it go all the time. And you can let it go during computer use as well. It will simply dedicate less CPU cycles to folding when your gamming or what not.

Now I know you computer does not compare to mine in any way BUT, when I was stable at 3.303 Ghz, I could play surpeme commander On MAX settings with well over 2000 units on the map at once while SMP Folding was running... (Farcry on max settings to, all games 1440 by 900)

can u show me the link to the normal one.. cuz i think i've only used the SMP one..

I fold as much as possible, should be submitting another WU in about two hours. i hate this pc, its a dual core. they need to release a GUI that supports SMP.

but when I get my HP back up, I shall be folding again, the HDD went out, and needs a new logic board. (give it to maxtor to have the N40P error...basically fried firmware). im just wondering tho, even when i have the HP fully operational working at 2.8ghz, it still takes like 18hrs to fold one WU. how are some people folding one WU like every few hours? I would love to do that.

HP: 3200+ @ 2.8 ~ 4400+
MAIN: 3600X2 @ 2.6 ~ 4400+
(i think those are right)

And I should stipulate that if you download the console for non-SMP Folding you say yes to the question about installing as a service, so it starts when you boot up.. The SMP Option doesn't work in the beta release for the service..

Does it look like I don't fold!!!!!! :D top 10 on that stats page.

folding on 4 computers right now. Maybe I can get a 5th going soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom