Garbage man Salary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup.. wheeliebins ftw :)

Yeh they dont do much... just take them to the back of the truck which picks them up and flips them.

mercedes_garbage_truck.JPG

Like that...

You guys have no real idea.... Most trucks do NOT have that, and 90% of the time, the customer don't have a trash bin that is compatable with there lift. That and they work a LOT, nearly 18 hours a day to make that kind of money. and thats 6 days out of the week...

depends on the state/county they work for. usually starting salary is around 15-18 dollars. i knew a guy that was one, and he got paid alright. but i'd say the cons outweigh the pay, imo.

usps workers can make some serious bread, though. i got a friend that basically does nothing all day and he makes upwards of 50k some years. not bad for an entry level type position.

USPS make over 20 an hour and that starter pay, the tests to qualify are kind of hard though. My friend Duda who worked in DirecTech with me quit after getting a job at the local post office making $22 an hour which was a lot better than the $7 an hour we were making.

You guys have no real idea.... Most trucks do NOT have that, and 90% of the time, the customer don't have a trash bin that is compatable with there lift. That and they work a LOT, nearly 18 hours a day to make that kind of money. and thats 6 days out of the week...

They are nearly all like that in UK. I havn't seen a place were they wern't like that...

Well I live in central kentucky, have worked with my stepdad on routes long enough to know, that most the time, we have to lift the cans our selfs, and they can easily get into the 200 pound range if its them big totes.

Yup.. wheeliebins ftw :)

Yeh they dont do much... just take them to the back of the truck which picks them up and flips them.

mercedes_garbage_truck.JPG

Like that...

They do have a quota that they have to meet. And when you have public holidays on one day where the local council is not going to pay pentalty rates on that day, this just means that you need to twice as much work on the next day.

At least with jobs like Garbage Men, Postal Delivery etc, it's a job that does not require you do life long learning. I've lost count the number of people that i have walk into my shop. The are normally in their Mid 40's. They used to be crash hot in some thing computers. Some thing like as SysAdmin. However they got replaced because....
* They did keep their skills up todate with the current technologies.
* The company has replaced them with some one younger, more update and cheaper to pay.
These people realised that unless they spend some money to get their skills up todate, their current employable skill level for IT industry is nothing more that a PC troubleshooter and system builder. And the problem there is that most of these jobs are given out to late high school students, early uni students.

Yeah, I can't stand people who don't spend money when it's needed. Dude who owned the local LAN Center I applied at last year wouldn't spend the cash for the much needed computer upgrades and advertisement. He expected people to start coming in on their own and slamming down hard cash. What happened in the end? He closed up shop and left town.

haha, garbage trucks where i live, there is only ONE guy, he stays in his cab.. and hits a button it picks up the garbage cans and dumps it, all hes doing is riding around pushing a button for good pay i guess, i remeber when i was small seeing the guys actually riding on the back doing it by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom