fastest torrent engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using BitComet for a pretty long time now. I don't really see how the program that you use is going to make the speeds any faster. The speed depends on the seeders uploading it and how that tracker for that torrent sees you. If you don't upload for a certain amount of time after receiving the file, the tracker will limit your download speeds.

Disillusion said:
I have been using BitComet for a pretty long time now. I don't really see how the program that you use is going to make the speeds any faster. The speed depends on the seeders uploading it and how that tracker for that torrent sees you. If you don't upload for a certain amount of time after receiving the file, the tracker will limit your download speeds.

Actually, BitComet is the one client that has slowness problems that are attributed to the fact that a lot of torrent trackers ban BitComet due to it sucking so bad.

Really, why does anyone use BitComet or anything other than µTorrent and Azureus?

I think it's because I honestly didn't see any difference from using Azureus and BitComet, other than BitComet whored my bandwidth a bunch.. but I usually only torrent at night. And Azureus made gaming online impossible too, just not as bad as BitComet. I went from... BitTorrent -> Azureus -> BitLord -> Bit Comet -> Azureus(now) I like Azureus a lot.

Deathawk said:
I think it's because I honestly didn't see any difference from using Azureus and BitComet, other than BitComet whored my bandwidth a bunch.. but I usually only torrent at night. And Azureus made gaming online impossible too, just not as bad as BitComet. I went from... BitTorrent -> Azureus -> BitLord -> Bit Comet -> Azureus(now) I like Azureus a lot.
Loled, You try to game when torrenting. Loled. :eek:

Deathawk said:

You just don't know how to configure it properly. :laughing:

I have it setup so that it pings Google every 15 seconds and adjusts my max upload speed accordingly in order to keep that ping at 45ms. The result is that web browsing, gaming and everything else is totally usable.

Ste said:
Loled, You try to game when torrenting. Loled. :eek:

I do it all the time, man. If you know how to configure your client, it doesn't affect you at all. Gaming doesn't take a lot of bandwidth ... it takes at most 10kbps up and maybe 35kbps down (for a big game with lots of players), it's the latency that matters. If you set your client to adjust the upload speed in order to keep your ping to Google (or whatever IP address you want) then when you game, it's virtually unnoticable.

The General said:
You just don't know how to configure it properly. :laughing:

I have it setup so that it pings Google every 15 seconds and adjusts my max upload speed accordingly in order to keep that ping at 45ms. The result is that web browsing, gaming and everything else is totally usable.

I do it all the time, man. If you know how to configure your client, it doesn't affect you at all. Gaming doesn't take a lot of bandwidth ... it takes at most 10kbps up and maybe 35kbps down (for a big game with lots of players), it's the latency that matters. If you set your client to adjust the upload speed in order to keep your ping to Google (or whatever IP address you want) then when you game, it's virtually unnoticable.

This is true, but I myself find it easier to allow Utorrent to use whatever it needs when Im not home. Which is alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom