Ethernet port problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SomeOne_

In Runtime
[SOLVED] Ethernet port problem

Oh god.. i have another problem with my newly built computer.

So.. last night i was loading (streaming) some 1080p footage but before it could load the connection to the internet stopped working.

I have tried the ethernet cable on my other computer and it works.
I have done a cold boot and the problem is still there (i left it off for about 15mins)
I have turned off the router/ back on

I done a google search and they said its either a broken port and i would have to get a new motherboard or try a cold boot.

I dont think its a broken port since it only stopped working when i tried to load that video.

Do you guys have any more suggestions?

Thanks!

You wouldn't need a new board. You can get a PCI Ethernet card. Is this a router, cable, or that computer's problem? Try that cable in another computer.

You wouldn't need a new board. You can get a PCI Ethernet card. Is this a router, cable, or that computer's problem? Try that cable in another computer.
_SomeOne_ said:
I have tried the ethernet cable on my other computer and it works.

I dont really want to spend money on a PCI Ethernet card if i can fix the problem. Plus.. i dont see why it would be broken since i havent done anything to it.

Additional information:
When i try to Troubleshoot the problem it says that;

A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken: Detected

The local area connection adapter is disabled : Detected
Enable the wired network adapter : Failed

Network Diagnostics Log
File name: lots of numbers/ letters then Repair.Admin.1.etl (i can download it)

When i try and open it, it asks me either use the web service to find the correct program or select a program from a list of installed programs.

what do i need to run .etl file?.. or how do i enable the wired netword adapter?

Well i have fixed it.
Here is how if any one ever has the same problem:
The problem was that it was disabled... some how?
All i had to do was go to Device Manager and enable the the onboard ethernet port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom