Error 0x80070570 when installing any Windows

akojakoj

Beta member
On my PC I used to have Windows 10 running just fine and then I decided to reinstall it (I had had a lot of useless programs and files piling up there so I decided that reinstall would be simpler than cleaning it up).

So i made a bootable Windows 10 USB, the first couple of installation steps went completely normal (partitioning and stuff). Then it starts the installation process, completes the copying phase and moves on to the 'Getting files ready for installation phase' where it progresses a little bit (2% - 5%) and then crashes with the error code 0x80070570 (Windows cannot install required files).

So I've googled this and tried a bunch of stuff. Here's what:

- Using a different Windows 10 ISO
- Using a different USB flash
- Plugging the USB into other ports (I've literally tried all of them)
- Disconnecting all peripheral devices during the installation
- Formatting partitions over and over again, partitioning differently
- I've also ran Ubuntu in live mode and did all the disk checks and disk repairs I could find and not a single one of them reported any problems. Therefore, according to maybe 5 different Linux disk scan tools, there is nothing wrong with my hard drive.

Here's the interesting part: When I tried all those disk checks on Ubuntu, I also decided to try to install Ubuntu just to see whether I can install any OS at all. It turns out that Ubuntu can be installed and it worked perfectly fine.
Then I figured that the problem might be only Windows 10 related (even though it doesn't make much sense considering the fact that Windows 10 has worked fine on the same PC for over a year), so I tried installing Windows 7. Same problem, same error code.
Basically it looks like my computer refuses to install any Windows OS for some reason, but then works normally with Ubuntu.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Where did you download the ISO from? Did you use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool?

Back
Top Bottom