Epiphany!!

Binary Ranger

Banned
Sorry I've not been active of late. I have a real life to deal with unfortunately. >:[

Anyway I've had an epiphany. I realize that I will need to devote much of my time to studying programming in order to make it in the market. Right now I am in college, but I plan on studying in my spare time.

Any suggestions on what I should do? How should I begin? What languages should I endeavor to learn more of? I already know C++ on a beginner level and am currently researching the basics of programming. (Branching, looping and sequencing)

Any help would be much appreciated. I just need input from our more seasoned members. Of course any input is welcome as well. That's why I posted this thread! <:D

C++ is a great language and is quite versatile if you want to get into application programming. It all depends on what area you want to work in. Application coding, game programming, OS coding most of the time is done in C++, application's are also commonly done in Java. C++ and Java are pretty similar, granted once you really understand how basic concepts work it's not hard to code in other languages. It gets tricky when you move into objects, pointers/references, and advanced data structures as the main reason why other languages are developed is to approach advanced programming concepts in different ways.

But I would definitely keep going with C++ and move into advanced concepts with that, cause loops, if's, strings, and some other stuff are basically the same across the board.

Also it's pretty easy to get a nice job as a programmer as long as you're not an idiot ;)

I would start learning C# as well. Its basically MS's version of Java. It's sorta similar to C++, but more like Java as it's more of an object oriented language than C++ is.

Back
Top Bottom