Emo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
okay i would like to take this time to clarify what the word "emo" actually means. Because it seems as though most all of you arnt quite sure.

"Emo" DOES NOT stand for emotional. Origionally it was intended to stand for emotionally driven punk rock. So therefore emo is a music style, and nothing more. Emo is not a clothing style, or a state of mind. The word you are looking for most likely when you say emo is "depressed". So you can't look "emo", you cant have "emo" hair and whatever else. Over time the word emo evolved into a word used to describe most of the listiners of the genre of music. But this is stereotypical at best. So it is unfair to say sombody who looks "emo" is depressed or cuts themselfs. The style your thinking of when you call sombody emo is most likely "scene".

The word emo is full of stereotypes. People nowadays think just because the way you look means you slit your wrists and cry yourself to sleep. Yeah well take any stereotype (jock, prep, goth ect) and there are people who cut themselfs. This is because they are depressed. Not emo. Oh yeah, and you cant be an emo. They are not a species, they are people.

And so i see why everybody hates the "emo kids". Theyre music sucks, is whiney annoying and takes borderline no talent. They complain to much and try to make their almost perfect life seem like its bad.

Well that is not emo. That is just called an annoying oversensative ungreatful kid. The real "emo" kids hate those type of people too.

so yeah anyways just do your research before you throw out the emo insult again. because it is getting kindof old hearing the "hey emo kid go cry and cut yourself" insult. Its not funny and definatly not origional.

Psh, okay from now on instead of saying "emo," I'll just say "depressed homosexual who gets attention by cutting himself with his RAZR phone."

:D:D

But you must understand that our language is made by us, and if the majority of the world uses a word in a certain way, then it becomes the definition.

For instance, "disrespect" didn't used to be a verb, and now it is. "Irregardless" didn't use to be a word, and now it means "without lack of regard." Etc...

yeah but nobody makes fun of you because your disrespectful. dont get me wrong i have no problem with people making fun of me but when they have no clue what theyre talking about and its all just big stereotypes then thats kindof annoying.

Does anyone really care? People know what you mean when you call someone emo, so that's all that matters.

The General said:
Well, you should dress and groom like a normal person, then people wouldn't make fun of you. :(
they dont make fun of me lolim just saying in general about how the "emo kids" ge **** talked about them

Then they should stop being emo!

Another thing that we consider to be "emo" is debating the definition of emo! That in and of itself is an emo thing!

Actually, when society makes a word have another meaning, most people start going by it.

Emo = emotional

kthxbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom