DFI Developing Enormous LanParty CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats an i7 board for sure or a am3 board taht we dont know about. (tripple channel ram on it)

but there is no chance that will fit in our antec 300.
atleast it looks that way from my angle.

but i cannot picture how a fan would be mounted to that.

Its not AM3, look at the socket.

It will be Zinc or Nickel platted because i remember Noctua replacing all their copper based models due to deterioration.

install-7.JPG

It uses a 120mm fan. Try checking the link I posted...

install-7.JPG

It uses a 120mm fan. Try checking the link I posted...

ah, thats not too big

cant be much bigger than sunbeams core contact, ocz vendeta, other riffle style coolers with the 120mm fan.

but why are they plating the copper? the reason given in this thread isnt good enough.

copper does last a long time under these conditions, i work in the HVAC industry, and 20 year old copper tubing still holds up in the old ac's. and these see a greater temp difference than cpu cooling. (sub zero to 90+)

ah, thats not too big

cant be much bigger than sunbeams core contact, ocz vendeta, other riffle style coolers with the 120mm fan.

but why are they plating the copper? the reason given in this thread isnt good enough.

copper does last a long time under these conditions, i work in the HVAC industry, and 20 year old copper tubing still holds up in the old ac's. and these see a greater temp difference than cpu cooling. (sub zero to 90+)

I really think the plating is nothing more than aesthetics. They plate their base also. It's a very thin layer because once you start to sand it the copper shows after a few passes. Copper looks great new but it tends to dull after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom