Crysis Demo

I don't know wheather having Vista would help, and having the 64bit version, but I do have to admit, I'm a bit dissapointed with the results of the framerate... It is a brand new game though, and I'm sure drivers are still being optimised

So you do or dont have vista?

has anyone else tried grabbing enemies and throwing them? It's pretty cool.

ahhh quit making me jealous, i cant download it yet :( otherwise i cant do anything on the internet, and im bored

You people seem to have the mindset of "It's gotta be played in all high settings or it's can't be played". I played the demo on my setup in my sig (my 7600's are not on SLI), just set the settings with the optimize button and it supposedly set it to the highest playable settings for my system. It ran quite well with fairly good graphics. Maybe my standards are really low, but this game is very playable at low settings, it doesn't look all crappy and stuff like most games do on low settings. Seeing how good it looks on low, I can only imagine it would look amazing all maxed out.

However, I still am quite terrible at playing it...I'm no good at FPS games, my brother beat the COD4 demo so many times and I never even finished my first try... The only FPS game I ever beat was Halo on easy. I'm not a big FPS gamer.

Yeah, this demos is long enough for me, lol, I havent beat it yet. But I will buy the game. This demo is great. Runs great!! And I have it on medium.

I don't know wheather having Vista would help, and having the 64bit version, but I do have to admit, I'm a bit dissapointed with the results of the framerate... It is a brand new game though, and I'm sure drivers are still being optimised

Drivers are an issue on it. Looking around EVGA's site, people who have newer drivers generally have a better play right now on that demo. That, and too old of drivers will cause a BSOD (happened at work, on a demo I set up for it)

Yeah, thats another thing I hated, and it wasn't just around either like other games. I found myself having to punch most enemies, as the bullets don't seem to kill very effectively...

Take the silencer off. That slows the bullet down to reduce noise, thus reducing it's effectiveness.

Back
Top Bottom